HOW TO HAVE AN ARTFUL SOUL
Being an artist is not just about making art, theres also a lot of in-depth mind hurdles you have to over come too. Heres a few ways to get an artful soul.
- Release all your anxieties, get to the bottom of anxieties , find out whats bugging you and then find a solution to it or make a plan to over come it, decide on things, let them go.
- Forgive past things and forgive yourself, we can without even realising sometimes be carrying around a lot of stuff from the past, anxiety can block your artistic flow.
- Declutter, It can be fun and easy to collect stuff but if you’re finding you have too much stuff and its bothering you its time for a declutter, it frees up more space and feels like you have more time.
- Meditate at least once a day , write a list of goals you wish to achieve, then go through them each day, work on getting these goals done one by one, tick them off as you go, add more goals to your list.
- Be grateful for all you have achieved so far, be thankful for things to do with your art each day.
- Enjoy your art, that may sound strange but sometimes its easy to get caught up in what you think you should be doing instead of what it is you want to do, what inspires you?.
- Be yourself, nurture yourself, do the things you need to do to feel inspired, it might be to listen to some music, go for a walk, do sketching, catch up with friends, gardening etc, find other things you love to do because they all help to nurture your artful soul.
- Have faith and belief in your self, Be daring, experiment, try new things all the time with your art.
- Allow yourself time for your art, don’t keep making excuses as to why you haven’t got time for it, be true to yourself, really find out what ways you love to express your creativity, try different mediums, when you are excited about using a particular medium that is the right one for you.
- Don’t let perfection stop you, perfection is stagnation
New place, new colours! Its been a different palette for me here in Otago. Ive been experimenting with colour and have brought some new colours to play with. Im seeing a lot of golden hues, oranges, pinks and purples. Im using smaller boards for outdoor painting as it would be harder to complete a large piece in the few hours I have to do it in. Most days Im painting around Cromwell, but Im planning to do some drives around Alexandra and surrounds. The autumn colours have been amazing in their full glory. Ive had a lot of sorting in our new barn home, but its been good to get re organised. Ive moved my easel around 3 times and finally found a nice spot to paint from.
Otago Autumn Light, Available.
Receive more art tips, latest news and stories from the field by signing up to my Newsletter
Thank you for your interest in my art!!